Monday 17 March 2014

I can get satisfaction

Last night I gave thanks for just the right amount of wind to create a satisfying howl when I left the window open on the latch. And for it being warm enough to do so! It reminded me of the breeze on the beach yesterday, blowing my hair about in a most satisfying way...satisfying if you've ever suffered from alopecia anyhow. I give thanks that I have hair, and that I don't have a 'hairstyle' - I get the impression they can be tricky to maintain.

I give thanks for finding my socks stained red and sand in my shoes this morning...and for living by the sea like I did as a child again.

And for finishing my crochet cushion. It was a real prop your eyelids open with matchsticks job to get it done before going out today, but I was going near the offices of the charity I wanted to take it to. I'm grateful for the pleasure of creative play, for being able to turn it into something they can sell...and for further ideas it's inspired. Gratitude too for their gratitude for my donation of this and a hardback copy of a Mary Berry cookbook, ('pricematched' by Tesco when I ordered a paperback copy of her autobiography) which I thought - and the charity seemed to agree - might make a good raffle prize. 


I was brought up to believe I couldn't crochet, and maybe I can't do it properly but whatever it is I'm doing instead seems fine to me! I was grateful for the chance to discuss the effects of maternal dissatisfaction with other daughters who've been on the receiving end in the knitting (or crochet if you feel like it) group.

I give thanks for remembering to roast tired old veg when I had the cooker on last night - meaning I was half way to tasty soup today. And, if this attempt succeeds, I'm grateful too for uploading my blog post...the last couple of nights the blogger site has not been keen! I understand about not being keen, and have decided I'm really not keen enough to get up and go out again this evening for choir practice. I'm not sure my technique for lying on the sofa is as good as it could be and am grateful I can stay in and work on that instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics