Tuesday 10 October 2017

Just a little...

I give thanks for making a little toffee sauce to go with a rather sleepy pear last night. I'm so grateful I discovered it's only heated up soft brown sugar, cream and butter, and vegan chums could have a version too if they were so inclined. Here's the best bit though...When I'd poured all the sauce out of the pan, instead of washing it (or, more realistically, putting some water in it to wash later) I put the oats for my morning porridge in to soak in the sticky residue, and stirred it with the saucy spoon and so I had the loveliest breakfast made from oats, water and what should have been washing up. Result!

I give thanks for someone managing to get some blood out of me without wrecking my few remaining possibly usable veins. The woman who was supposed to do it on Friday declined even to try my hands, which is what is suggested now, so I'd had several days to build up a fret and sweat over the pain and trauma that might be to come, based on some nasty previous experiences. I give thanks for being praised for thinking to wear two pairs of gloves on the way to prepare...and for it not being too bad in the event.

I give thanks for buying a ticket for another quick trip away. . In two weeks time, all being no less well with the results, of course, I should be in Sheffield for a couple of nights, staying at Bob's. I give thanks he has a place that I can stay at!

I give thanks if you're reading this I've managed to win a day long argument with my laptop. Or I could have given up and posted on my phone of course...I give thanks for (mostly) modern technology (most of the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics