Thursday 5 July 2012

Don't knock it

First thanks of the day was for waking up before my alarm...don't mind setting it when it's important I'm up and about by a certain time but it's still nicer if it's not the first thing you hear in the morning.

Second was that my knees didn't hurt too badly after yesterday's exertions as I knew they'd have a hammering today. Well, not literally...it's the neurologist who hammers my knees and it was the stoma nurse I saw today...boom, boom! Sometimes I get a bit fed up that necessities take up all my going out energy but then I look around the wonderful area I live in and give thanks that even a trip to the hospital and back is a scenic treat. Particularly pleasing today was coming home on the top deck of the bus with low cloud still hugging the hill tops but sun breaking through in the sweep of the bay, sparkling on the ribbons of foam here and there on the wave tops.

I give thanks for the random things that catch my eye... little everyday miracles and marvels. A small child's delighted smile as they sucked a drink through a straw...a man painting the top of a high retaining garden wall leaning over from within, whilst on the pavement below, seated on a little stool, a woman painted the bottom...a bed of mesembryanthemums so close packed with blooms it was hard to believe they were real.

I give thanks for stoma nurse Mark's reassurance and confidence building. He was the one who attended to me in hospital and is amazingly patient and kind. For a cuppa at the Force centre afterwards and a few minutes of Robert's time, plus their brilliant idea of a basket of yarn and needles to encourage you to knit a few rows of some squares. For a few interesting balls of wool for my collection from Fran's mum's shop and some 'posh' sausages and chunky sliced bread from the Co op by the bus station for sporting Sunday sarnies. For a refreshing nap on the way home and for being so tired and achey now I could almost have been on a big boot hike. I don't particularly like being tired and achey, you understand, but I am grateful for at least being able to recapture the aftermath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics