Friday 24 January 2014

Skill set

I'm a woman of many talents but I was musing this morning that if a fairy godtrainer arrived and said I could have another, I'm not sure I'd choose driving a car or dancing or even playing the guitar again, I'd be happy if I could just poach an egg nicely I think! I've tried all sorts of methods and contraptions over the the years but the results are rarely good, and I love poached eggs so much I can't quite give up the quest for something not too runny or hard, or drenched in water so the toast underneath goes soggy... Today I gave thanks for one passably pleasant (but which still caused a small flood on the cooker in the making!). Which reminds me, did you see this? I'm very grateful I haven't had to deal with a wet concrete flood! 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25873252

I'm also very grateful a very long day of medical/mobility challenges has drawn to a close...well, almost - I'm not actually asleep yet! I gave thanks I part cooked my tea before I left and only part burnt it when I returned (fingers crossed it's reaching a state of equilibrium in the oven right now!). Oh, and for the beauty of the fog on the Teign this morning as snapped from the bus...and that I never tire of delighting in the pun!


I give thanks for timely attention from various health care professionals, and that I didn't have time to try on some boots that took my eye in a sale in a fancy shoe shop on the way to the hospital...as they were £10.00 cheaper after the appointment! The physio and I were kidding that he'd buy me them if he won the lottery this weekend and I hope he does as a reward for helping me get this reduction by taking me away from the scene of temptation at just the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics