Wednesday 15 April 2015

Hot and cold

I give thanks for the unspeakable awesomeness of living here, especially living here this time of year when locals walk round beaming and beatified by the beauty of it...and it's ours, all ours mwahahaha!

I give thanks for warmth warm enough to get through to even my chilly bones, and for predicting that might be the case and deforesting my legs so that when I rolled my trousers up people didn't scream and throw themselves off the sea wall. I'm grateful that I'm going to get my head hair trimmed tomorrow so they stop throwing sticks for me to fetch as well! I'm grateful for finding something suitably springlike to wear without having to mine the furthest recesses of the cupboard under the stairs as if I did that there'd be no energy left for going anywhere...


I give thanks for the zoominess of my new camera, not least because I can take the same shots as I've done so many times before but make them look different so you don't get bored (without having to get off my lazy behind!) And I'm grateful for my first paddle of the year - because when you see the sea like this you have to get off it anyway, don't you?

I give thanks for a Tesco delivery of tasty things to eat and drink to fill the cupboards, freezer and fridge...and for a hot bath running to soak away the aches and grains of sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics