Saturday 1 August 2015

Settle down now

Predictably (if you have a pure down duvet), I've spent a lot of time underneath it being very grateful since it finally made it on to the bed last night. Being so light it's technically much easier for feeble people to get out from underneath... but still feeling extra feeble from the effort of getting the box home last week I gave thanks for how easy it was to snuggle back underneath too! I probably can't really remember what it's like to be kissed all over but I'm grateful I now think I can...

I give thanks it stayed clear to view the loomy moon last night, and to try zooming in with my camera for the first time...and be pleased. But I also give thanks it's not been as bright and sunny as predicted today so resting seemed a good use of a few hours, and I give thanks for doing a few more obviously useful things too, including the rather strenuous one finding space for the discarded bed coverings until they can find new permanent homes... before just popping back to check that quilt was good to snooze on top of too!

I give thanks for finally stirring, wondering what I could have for tea and remembering getting a handful of fresh basil in my travels yesterday. Even a non domestic goddess (I do weather - remember?) can rustle up something tasty with some of that plus feta, red onion, pepper, tomato, olive and ready made puff pastry. Just right for settling down with a movie I think, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics