Thursday 11 February 2016

Net worth

I give thanks for having someone to talk to when I got into bed last night...and someone else on the bus today...not that they were actually there in person you understand but in spirit a little, courtesy of the miracle of the ether. I give thanks that I was on a bus or two today, as I still feel as if I've been run over by one, but ever since I was old enough to wander off on my own the sight of a bright blue sky when the tree branches are still bare has made it very hard not to! I give thanks for scenic journeys and brief halts at places that make me very glad I am but passing through...


I give thanks for headphones to protect my ears from piercing young female voices...if only I'd brought something similar to protect my nostrils from pongy old men's coats!

I give thanks for having a real live person to talk to over toasted tea cake and pots of tea when I finally returned and waited for my delivery to come in at the chemist. I give thanks that there was something with my address on waiting at the Post Office to prove that I was me when they did...but it wasn't until Mima gave me a birthday card that I realised there weren't any others in the mail. Oh well, plenty of time folks...I'm still waiting for half of Christmas you know!

I give thanks I have medication on the premises that may stop me feeling like a woman with altitude even when I'm flat calm by the sea...in the meantime I give thanks that Mrs Co op is making my tea, Mr Tesco has done some dessert and I've done with trying to be awesome on my ownsome for a day or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics