Tuesday 19 April 2016

Smash and grab

I give thanks for a very pleasant visit from Rachel including being brought a party bag from Daryl's birthday weekend with sweets and a digi copy of the playlist he put together for the entertainment of his guests. What a nice thought!

I give thanks for a much needed opportunity to share the highs and lows of the last couple of weeks, it's certainly been a rollercoaster and continues to be... and for a much needed acupuncture treatment mellowing me out to the extent that I could remain so during the evening's shenanigans upstairs, downstairs and on the landings in between.

I wasn't sure if was penitence or after effects that led to such peacefulness this morning but I gave thanks for it anyway! Having the exuberance of a somnambulant sloth I was grateful to laze in bed with warm buns this morning...no - the fruity farinaceous sort and yes - would still have been nicer shared... but you gotta grab your pleasure where you can in this life, as long as you don't blight the lives of others in the process of course..

I give thanks eventually I just had to go out and test if the day was as springishly mild outside as it seemed to be (particularly after yesterday had proved to be quite as wintry cold as it appeared!)...and for it being quite definitely, delightfully so! For rustling up a tasty tuna rice salad to take from bits in the fridge...and for discovering the extent of last night's damage. Knowing more than most how utterly grim things can seem sometimes, I have a lot of compassion for substance abusers, but heck they are hard to share a roof with...and windows even more so...

I give thanks for spotting a baby bunny picnicking in the daisy snow...I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything quite as cute with my own eyes! I give thanks I'm aware of and give thanks for life's little blessings...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics