Sunday 3 July 2016

Waking up is hard to do

I give thanks for a good size gap between last night's neighbourly row and this morning's so that I could feel calm and get some rest and sleep.

I give thanks for a couple of rude awakenings of the metaphorical kind for reminding me of the precarious pleasure of metaphorical sleep and the vulnerability of dreams. I give thanks I accept and love myself just the way I am, and that sometimes for a little while here and there other people manage to too.

I give thanks for public smiles to hide my private sorrows... for the sun coming out and Mima taking me out to look around a reclamation yard, at some floral displays in a church and to partake of tea and cake.

I give thanks for my hands letting me knit a few rows without too much pain. I give thanks a bath full of hot water is going to give me a hug in a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics