Saturday 18 February 2017

You don't know what you got

Oh the beautiful soft air and light this morning - I give thanks for that! The sea witch was flashing her diamonds today to be sure...

I shook my head in the exasperation of hindsight at all the times my former self has pined for perfect company on days like this...now I'm pining for all the times I remembered it was better to do something on your own than miss out on the company and the experience. At this time, when even going into the kitchen to make a cup of tea is excruciating, the challenge is as ever to recognise to be grateful for the gifts of the now. I give thanks I could lie in bed with the covers off and the window wide open letting the springiness land on my skin. A town centre ground floor abode might be much more practical right now but perhaps not for the naturist in me...

Yesterday, after becoming incapable of the standing and walking necessary to choose a book or two in Smiths I gave thanks for discovering better deals for the ones I thought I might look at...on Smiths on line! Needing the partial escape of reading now, a variety of routes is required and I wanted to support our little local store...but I've clicked to collect from there and it's right by the cab rank so yep lots to be grateful for there.

Um...what's that sound? Oh yes, a barrel being scraped! Must find my gratitude goggles forthwith... I give thanks for the treat of a potassium laden (small, I promise!) jacket potato, for a long hot bath, and a perfectly brewed mug of Earl Grey tea sipped at the perfect temperature, For the neighbours being relatively quiet so far, for Jan taking the time to chat online a while and send me photos - bless her! I give thanks for the times the pain has eased off a little, when I've felt a sliver of a step up from rock bottom, for when I've remembered I might seem to be weak but actually I'm amazingly strong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics