Saturday 10 March 2018

Running up that hill

Yay, my new heater is here! Not here as in the flat, but here as in the shop. I've seen it, and ascertained I would be quite unable to carry it to a cab or up the stairs, and have been informed someone will probably call on Monday morning to arrange a delivery some other time. Ah well, I guess that's why this service is just £5! I know this isn't a particularly grateful paragraph but I reckoned it might encourage readers to give some thanks of their own for their blessings...

I do feel blessed that there were no downpours in the night and that though I didn't sleep at all well I was able to get up and finish the sprucing this morning. I give thanks to my poor old knees for taking me to the library for some more free internet browsing, and to pick up a reserved novel for a long soak in the bath later. One of the things I did was check out the Tesco grocery site to see if any more of my staples were in stock yet to add to my order... But no, even more are unavailable... So I give thanks for a bit of fairly successful hunting and gathering on the way home. I give thanks I only had a small bag with me as the hill is much harder if you have a lot to carry but I was still in a state of full on puff and groan by the time I got indoors. I give thanks I got some nice rolls so could have a 'picnic' lunch, and a very long lie down...with a warm throw and an even warmer hot water bottle. I give thanks when I fell asleep holding half a mug of tea I didn't spill it!

And yes, I did give thanks for my beautifully clean and tidy flat. I resolved to do as little as possible for as long as possible to keep it spick and span. For lots of books and TV to catch up with to help with this aspiration. I started with the programme about investigating the DNA and appearance of Cheshire Man. What a wonderful face my Western Hunter Gatherer ancestor had! At least I assume he is my ancestor... I've been checking out those tests you can do and one of them will trace your ancient forebears' migration journey. Like the sound of that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics