Saturday 24 March 2018

In a broken dream

Well now, let me see... I was grateful a few times in the night, waking up and finding I wasn't bare foot in a hospital gown running through a bustling market trying to find a place to have a shower, or about to be verbally abused for failing to produce a perfect giant ciabatta on Masterchef and so on...

I was grateful when I didn't have to get up early and could laze late in a long hot bath with a book.

I was grateful, when I had some bad news, that I'm good at bad news, disappointments, let downs, and the like. I give thanks for the bits when I think 'Hey, this looks good... maybe it's going to turn out all right!', for being optimistic and open to happy outcomes. For knowing, however, however differently things actually go, somehow, someway, by the skin of my teeth, I'll eventually manage to find a way to manage.

I give thanks for Laura and Nick coming round bringing doughnuts to go with a cuppa and tartiflette to freeze. For the opportunity to have a bit of a grumble at cruel twists of fate, as well as a chuckle or two. For curling up on the sofa afterwards with a hot water bottle and a quilt and thinking 'Never mind...nothing really matters ever anyway'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics