Monday 23 April 2018

All kinds of everything

I give thanks for a morning of much bustling around - up and down the ladder and stairs, on my hands and knees in corners, emails, phone calls and so on. I give thanks for a long rest after all that!

I give thanks for making it to a very busy knitting session and managing to pass on some of my unwanted yarn. It's good to see the group doing well but I'm not sure I'm the demographic aimed at any more (was I ever?) surrounded by talk of Sketchers shoes, stamp duty and tradesmen to attend to your driveway or hedge! For managing to knit a couple of rows of Rachel's jumper before my hands seized up. To Jenny for making the many necessary cups of tea, and to Mima and Cathy for washing up.

I give thanks for remembering everything I meant to do in town afterwards...except get cash...but for having enough cash for the stuff I remembered, and for a cab to help me up the hill with it!

I give thanks I enjoy those police procedural shows, so that when I passed a bunch of boys and girls in blue today discussing using 'the big red key' I knew just what they had in mind...

Our lovely heatwave is over now but I give thanks for the boost it's given to the trees. I've the long bus ride to the hospital in the morning and am looking forward to seeing all the new leaves opening up...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics