Sunday 17 June 2018

Lay Lady Lay

Next was by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, in case you weren't around 45 years ago...or can't remember, which is an occupational hazard of being around 45 yrs ago I guess ;-) If you don't know who is famous for singing Lay Lady Lay we are clearly not just of different generations but from different solar systems...

After a night of much discomfort I give thanks for a day of much laying across my medium sized brass bed and small velvety sofa...

For a sequel to the Golden Age of Coach Travel - the Modern Age. Wonderful if you love memorabilia and model motors, plus a rather wry narration. For a sandwich for my lunch because anything more seemed way too much bother. For tackling a bit more of The Form before my hands got too sore...and then a bit of snoring before forcing myself to the sewing machine to stitch the binding on before the light began to fade...


Apologies if you are getting bored with this, but thankfully I am not as I hope to spend my many sleepless nights as well as any mobile days to come admirng the fruits of my labour! It is something that makes me go 'Ooh!' and at a time when there are so many somethings to make me go 'Aaargh!' that is no bad thing indeed. And to have made it, with some considerable odds against me gives me pleasure too. Technically there is still the post-finishing off finishing off to do - threads to snip and tacking to take out but I am finished for the day, and off to dive into the last of the trifle before maybe one last snooze while I catch up with vintage space ships...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics