Monday 26 September 2011

Metta's Better

Pleased to report I'm feeling more mellow again after letting off that steam. What is, is...and I've been practising my metta and feel better. I hope the people I thought less than loving thoughts about feel better too. May they be well, may they be happy, may they be at peace...

I'm grateful for less pain this afternoon and this evening so far. Could it be the change of medication? Fingers crossed, eh?

I'm grateful I got a first coat of top coat on couple of metres of woodwork I've been prepping the last couple of weeks. I'm not dextrous enough to do finishing top coat. Heck, I'm not dextrous enough to do a base coat some might say but like myself it looks better in soft light and soft focus!

I'm grateful that sun drenched heatwave hasn't hit us full on here (yet?) to make me miserable I can't enjoy it to the full but it's mild tonight and I'm revelling in the treat of having the windows open in the evening and being able to sniff the smells of darkness...

I'm grateful I bought some chocolate biscuits the other day and that this day I felt like eating some!

I'm grateful that the first part of the Stephen Fry language thing was good. I've read so much stuff and written so many essays regurgitating stuff in recent years it's a pleasant change to see an interesting subject made interesting again. Loved the sign language fable play!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning, your grateful's are always inspiring, even when you feel so bad. Yes I understand your lack of feeling 'chatty' but even the small amount of contact we have had has been comforting for me. Your goal of spreading kindness IS working. Private messaging is welcome for anything you do want to, or are able to, type. I'm new to this blogging so not sure how to send you my email address? I'm about to watch some QI...cheers to Mr Fry. Warm regards Juanita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juanita, are you on Facebook or the Cancer Research chat forum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, yes I'm on facebook but don't use it that often. I have just joined the Cancer Research chat forum (Widget). Found it to be quite slow loading here, probably due to the vast amount of messages on there! But so informative. Whichever you think. Hope your day with nurses was good and that a giggle was had. I spoke to a male friend today on the phone, who I have rare contact with because of his jealous girlfriend. He is still the funniest person I have ever met. We so get each other. Ahh laughter, truly the best medicine. Juanita x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics