Monday 5 September 2016

Water sorts

Last night, brain numbed by tiredness and noise I went out onto the landing in a quieter patch, not sure if I could face the ferocious temper of the perpetrator by requesting it be less intrusive, and the strangest thing happened...it all went really, really silent! Obviously I was very grateful for this, but also rather nonplussed, as I certainly wasn't going to knock on their door and say 'Can you carry on being this quiet please?' I give thanks for covering my confusion by deciding to investigate a drip catcher where there's a leak in a cupboard and finding it full enough to need emptying immediately but not so full it couldn't be moved...perfect timing really.

I give thanks for more peace following for a long soak in my big wallowy bath and a very early night...plus a very late lie in. I give thanks for tackling some washing of self, clothes and dishes since I've been up, some unpacking and putting away...

I give thanks for otherwise spending the day exploring levels of fatigue that will be useful to have some recent experience of after surgery. For practicing doing very little at all...and practising not feeling I should be doing more. For reading and a little light catch up of catch up TV including the most excellent Out-laws. For an unexpected unexpectedly long and friendly email from someone I'd thought I'd never hear from again. For the sound of Rachel's key in the lock...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics