Saturday 8 January 2022

Valuable

 I give thanks for being home, hard work though it is doing anything other than lying still. For practical assistance from Peter, Julie and Clive last night and from Rachel and Clive today. I've had hot water bottles filled (a surprisingly strenuous task when you're feeble), scrambled eggs made and my hair washed as well as an acupuncture treatment, some work on the new kitchen and lots of encouragement, comfort and general nurturing. I give thanks for the very pleasant feeling of being valued and cared for. 

I 've been giving thanks for my bed and my sofa - well you knew I would didn't you? Not made it to the bath yet...but even my own loo to be sick in is a blessing. For the peacefulness of a wet and dreary winter's day and a no longer broken manhole cover rattling and banging in the road outside. For a coat I bought from a closing down market stall a few years back which was sadly just too big for me happily fitting  Rachel just right. We were both delighted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics