Thursday 10 August 2017

For richer, for poorer

Dry. Warm. Cool. Hot. That's what it says on my Millet's carrier bag and yes, I think it describes me pretty well! I'd been in to check out a rucksack reduced from 35 of your earth pounds to 15 of mine, and having decided it was fit for the purpose intended was even more grateful to discover it rang up on the till as 10.

I give thanks for the view from the top deck of the bus...today I was particularly enchanted by a young copper beech tree and its shadow in a close cropped field. For soothing Buddhist chants to prepare me for arrival in a town I'm always glad to depart from, Desmond Dekker and old Stones to de-zombify me on the way home, dancing (inside) like no one was looking while the outside of me merely rhythmically tapped a finger on the dusty window ledge.

I give thanks for my favourite takeaway, eat with your fingers lunch - a slice of spinach and feta pie and a blackberry and apple yoghurt topped flapjack. It's rich in several food groups I'm meant to avoid but that probably just adds to the flavour...  For trying not to pass judgement on others' lifestyle choices, though I'm a fail at that and blinkers might be a good idea, along with a nose clip like synchronised swimmers wear to protect my snobbish senses from various kinds of cigarette smoke, unclean bodies and clothes...and budget meat product pasties!

I give thanks for finally tracking down a budget water filter jug that takes the old style, still widely available budget cartridges. Coming up to the end of its tenth year of service my outgoing one is indelibly stained and scarred with age and held together with bright orange gaffer tape I found a reel of on a pavement one day...

I give thanks for a siesta - it's been a busy start to the day and I must away to make a takeaway tea and prepare for an evening excursion...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics