Tuesday 4 January 2022

Useless

 It's easy to feel useless, a waste of time and space. I give thanks for the times when I don't This afternoon I was grateful to have the energy to get up for a bit of a wash and tidy up of my stuff -  a brusque HCA was complaining earlier about all the crap (her word) patients in general keep on their tables and about me in particular for not wanting to get up to leave my bed to have it made until some anti sickness meds had been administered. I was so flushed with my success (literally with yesterday's blood transfusion) I then offered my services to the bed bound lady across the way and found her lost and longed for deodorant. And after flopping back on my bed I let a medical student practice pressing and tapping on my tummy to see what she could feel.

For either the daily experimental adjustment of anti emetics being more successful this time, or just being luckier after struggling with nausea all night. For managing a few sips of tea with a few dunks of shortbread as well as the usual minor dents on plates of meal time food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics