Tuesday 3 March 2020

Unworkable

So I couldn't have the day off yesterday, but I give thanks for the evening off in lieu - after deciding even lifting the remote control was too much effort I took myself off to bed after posting last night. Sleeping so early meant being awake in the early hours and then sleeping late, but I was grateful for the rest, and for not having to be anywhere or doing anything today.

I give thanks after a long bath and light lunch I felt up for a scenic bus ride to attend to some odds and ends. For the clear light making distant places seem closer and, nearer by, for spotting catkins and may blossom in the hedgerows, a primrose bank, and more magnolias building up to their glory. Unfortunately by the end of the journey I was feeling really rough so trimmed to the to do list and rushed back for the next bus...which developed a fault and couldn't set off. The good thing about this was it gave me more time to recover, and also to get the goods I'd decided to leave behind...plus I'm even more extremely grateful to be back on the sofa again!

I give thanks for the sight of enterprising pigeons breaking into bird seed bags outside a shop for a snack. And for the long and active life of my brown suede boots which I have happily worn out, and resignedly accept cannot be repaired. I can't remember exactly how long I've had them but I bought them in Barratts for £25 so that's a clue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics