Saturday 21 March 2020

Perverse

It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas this morning with the churning sea almost as white as snow, a full fridge and empty roads and pavements... but the latter became surprisingly busy later though pedestrians only in ones or twos not coach loads at a time.

Though complete isolation is impossible for me I was very grateful after a busy week for a damn fine reason not to brush my hair and venture out of the door! I'd assumed after double the immunotherapy drug dose (so it would last me double the time) I'd have at least the usual 'flu like' symptoms I've come to expect the weekend after, and planned a variety of almost nothings to do...but when that didn't actually happen I did actually feel rather grateful I was able to catch up with other indoor stuff instead.

I give thanks Sam the decorator man has a cancellation next week so he can work here one afternoon while I'm at hospital, so I give thanks for starting preparing for that. Due to the flat refusal of my original choice of wallpaper to go up flat on the less than perfect walls, I'm going to have to move a lot of things out of his way that I thought could stay where they were so I give thanks for trying to pace myself with lots of Netflix rests so the unexpected energy lasts. I also give thanks for knowing I've no way of knowing if I've been successful at preserving it or not until it runs out or it doesn't! Acceptance of how illusory our sense of control over situations are is a useful skill to hone right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics