Sunday 15 March 2020

Gripping

I give thanks for waking feeling rested, contented and well. Can't ask for much more can you? But if you'd like to hear a few extra reasons for cheerfulness from me, here we go...

I give thanks for my fabulous wellies - smiley to look at and so comfy to wear which if you've ever had wellies you'll know isn't often the case. For seeing pasta and loo roll in two nearby shops and paracetamol in one. For the ever growing protein choices for those who don't like to chomp on animals all the time. Last night I had Cheatin Chorizo bits in my barley stew and there's smoked tofu sausage slices in my savoury crumble for tea. Oh and there were Bramley apples in the Co-op too, a rare find there and much appreciated to go in my yummy puddings.

I give thanks for some energy and inclination to progress with the perfecting of my home. For two coats of paint on the last hall door. There are six in total and not only is each one is a different colour - because I have different tastes from most - but I've had to mix the paint for four of them because those tastes are very specific. For being pleased with the smokey mauve.

I give thanks for the frequent spasms of cramp in whichever hand is gripping whatever piece of equipment leading to the rest of my body getting rests as well when I have to down tools. For Jo and Keith finding my favourite organic Oatly milk in Waitrose and delivering a couple of cartons. For downing tools for the evening now and playing couch potato instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics