Tuesday 17 March 2020

Enough

I give thanks for practising gratitude, a useful mental exercise right now. For viewing challenges as a means for growth, learning and adaptation...and for not adhering to a religion that tells me when I can eat pancakes! After an exhausted early night and a good long sleep I was very grateful to devour a small batch for a late breakfast.

I give thanks for feeling quite energetic despite a snuffly nose, and for pottering about doing this and that. For Tani bringing me goods from the healthfood shop after warning me their shelves were becoming bare and for popping to a couple of local stores myself to see this strange phenomenon first hand. For finding (at last) Quorn pieces in my travels and stocking up on scones!

We all have our worries and concerns, and I give thanks for realising I must try to go easy on the empathy. Compassion is fine but I can find myself fretting futilely over the situations other people are in, and there are so many situations that have the potential to be so hard. For sending metta to all that cross my mind...for considering what really matters...and meditating on the concept of *enough*...

I give thanks for being used to disappointing changes of plan and facing the possibility of escalating illness and death, for being rather fond of social distance and comfortable with long stretches of time home alone. For having helpful friends and facilities not too far away. For the wonders of the internet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics