Thursday 12 March 2020

Stuffed

There are few greater treats than being able to eat when you are hungry and sleep when you are tired. While out with Mima today we ate (or tried to) some most unappetising food but remembered to be grateful for the calories, and the nap when I got home was delicious! I give thanks for a change of scene, some light shop pottering, avoiding the worst of the weather, enjoying the best, and the stunning views from the cafe where we both had to give up on the cake due to its sickly flavourlessness. We shall vote with out feet and go to the prepacked biscuit section next time!

I give thanks for my energy and motivation over the last couple of days. For the reminder not to take things for granted when I had none today! We're all beginning to be reminded about this lately in lots of different ways, and more to come I'm sure, so getting used to not getting used to things is a practice to practise whenever the opportunity comes along. Even the less mainstream food stuffs I tend to choose are not always available now, and supermarket delivery or collection slots are getting hard to come by so I give thanks I've managed to book a collection slot for a week today plus someone to collect it for me... and that so far some of the things I want are in stock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics