Friday 6 March 2020

Worldly

I was grateful for the sight of two men in skirts this morning, a few miles apart and several more from the city. It has always seemed to me only justified that they should have the choice as females have been wearing (the) trousers for so long, but it still makes me stare for a moment while I make sure I'm seeing what I think I am!

I give thanks for getting up early enough to be busy enough this morning to feel I don't have to be tonight. I've been putting some pressure on myself to get on with the decorating jobs I'm physically capable of... when I'm physically capable of course. And though I'm grateful for feeling well enough to make a little progress in the last twenty four hours, relaxation is very important too especially when that TFI Friday feeling is oh so strong for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday dialysis patient. My sore hands will be very grateful for some time off too, every little thing aggravates them right now...

I give thanks for the cleanness left by the cleaner, and the clear evening light after a showery afternoon. For being in a far better mood than I was a few hours ago after finally getting round to starting watching The End of the F***ING World at the hospital. Bob suggested I might enjoy this when I was wondering whether to sign up for Netflix last year and he clearly understands my sense of humour very well! How lovely to be able to laugh your way out of a long blue mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics