Thursday 26 March 2020

Floating

I give thanks for rediscovering how much nicer my living room looks when (at least some of) the furniture etc is back where it belongs. There's a lot less of the most horridly unfinished wall showing than I imagined - which is of course why so much stuff had to be moved in the first place. For having a smart arse answer ready for anyone who comes out with the usual 'Be careful!' regarding my exertions. I am being careful - I'm not asking for help! For a bit more of the previous 'slide puzzle' decorating, shoving things along a bit and painting what I can get to.

For Tesco finally saying when they get more new staff trained they will not only open up more delivery slots, but they will save some for the vulnerable who cannot get to their 'special' hour. For seeing on their website stocks are recovering and being cautiously optimistic... For not being in particular need of anything right now but also for Clive ringing me from Lidl this morning to say he'd found some bleach, Jo texting on the way to Waitrose just in case they had some unnecessary but favourite items* and Mima agreeing to bring a few top up basics on Saturday (subject to availability).

Severely lacking in energy or motivation this morning, I give thanks for a surgical supplies delivery due to the doorstep to force me upwards and onwards. For some second hand books ordered also arriving this afternoon. Posties must busy right now - packets usually arrive in the morning - and I've been busy too up and down stairs putting notes on the door and collecting goodies after. I was grateful for a lovely snoozy listen to James Anthony Walker's Floating which is the most relaxing piece of music I know. Particularly appreciated in current times.

*They did, and antibac hand-wash too. I give thanks lock down and enforced social distance shopping is helping the stores restock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics