Sunday 1 May 2016

Kind of cruel

I give thanks that April is over. I don't know if it was the cruellest month (ask me again on my deathbed OK?) but I think it'll be up there in the running. I give thanks for going to bed last night thinking May may be more kind. It's not exactly started with warm open arms so far but I'll spare you the details as this is a gratitude blog not a journal of grouching and grumbles... Be grateful for that dear reader, be very grateful indeed!

I give thanks for a cold grey drizzly day...I know it's selfish but it's easier for me when everyone's more huddled and hurrying than a sunny Sunday where they're blazoned with joy and I feel like the uninvited thirteenth fairy if I go anywhere. I give thanks for taking a look at our new quay and finding a bakery open selling rather nice looking bread. I give thanks for going to pay homage to Donald, my personal patron saint of lost at sea causes - a man who knew it's possible to be both waving and drowning at the same time.


I give thanks Avast on my mobile phone keeps telling me I'm safe. I'm hoping if I keep reading that I'll start to believe it's true, though my experience of thinking myself safe in the past has been that that's when I'm in greatest danger, so I can see there are some serious trust issues to deal with there. I give thanks for all the people who haven't a clue what this feeling is like...

I give thanks for a good book to read. Actually it's a hard book to read because it's a thick brick of a paperback so though gripping it's hard to actually grip...but I'm in the middle bit now so it's not so bad!

I give thanks for making myself a delicious sponge pudding last night with the last of my Norwegian raspberry conserve...and that I have the last of that to finish today. If anyone's off to Flam bring me some jam back from the top of the railway please! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics