Sunday 29 May 2016

Everything in the garden

I give thanks for a day with an usually large number of things to give thanks for. I mean I know there are always loads more than we think, but it's such a delight not to have to scratch your head and wonder what there is to be delighted about.

First of all for the weather. Oh yes, I love all kinds of weather, but sunshine warm enough for even me to be outside with the covers off, is my most favourite weather of all because something inside me untangles that spends nine months of the year in a knot.

And then for good company. This does me good emotionally, as well you might think it might, but also physically as it distracts me from discomfort and tiredness so that I can do more as well as enjoy it more...

And for being in aesthetically pleasing places - a beautifully growing garden of memory/hope for someone who disappeared, a lush jungly park and sandy splashy beach all conveniently within a few footsteps of each other and convenient for where I live. For tea and lemon meringue pie in the sun, a paddle in the sea and burying my face in fragrant dangles of wisteria...


For getting home in time for some excellent tennis. For rain stopping play long enough for me to make some food and chivvy my sewing chores along including finding some just right materials in my stash to replace the limp trimmings that had to be removed from the top I bought yesterday. Thanks also for pause stopping play when my exertions caught up with me and I just had to have an instant nap...and then catching the highlights of an unusually damp and non-processional Monaco Grand Prix.

I give thanks to my mother for teaching me to thread a sewing machine, to appreciate 'Oh, I say!' tennis and be interested in words. It's not exactly roots and wings and a pretty meagre legacy but today they have all stood me in good stead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics