Tuesday 17 May 2016

History repeating itself

Gordon Bennett, I give thanks for Alan! There's been too much pain and tiredness to go out, or do much in the way of creative or constructive pursuits, and my mind much too full of stuff I mind thinking about to do nothing...but I had recorded the History Boys for afternoons such as these. Brilliant film! Took me ten years to get round to seeing it but well, the time's got to be the right time, hasn't it?

I give thanks for my wireless headphones for blocking out extraneous sounds. For making some for others by laughing out loud in places. For pause to pause pausing and do a few odds and ends here and there.

Hmm...what else? For a few days I've been meaning to say I've been grateful for being warm enough but it's been borderline nippy again today... so I won't. For a fleece and a fleecy throw.

I give thanks for a nightmare I can't remember, but for remembering the relief when I woke up. Usually waking up to reality is the nightmare so a bad dream can have its good points...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics