Thursday 19 May 2016

Rain parade

I give thanks for waking to blue sky and watching it turn to grey...For feeling the drear and doing it anyway.

I give thanks for sorting out another pile of unwanted stuff, and making the cab driver laugh. I tell them the day I come down for my ride dressed a bin bag instead of carrying one they'll know the sorting out is finished!

I give thanks for the soft summer rain and my pretty waterproof. I love being out in the rain if I don't get too cold and wet, and sing if there are no other people around or just beam at them if there are. The sight of a more than middle aged woman wearing a flowery mac and a demented smile usually makes other people grin back too so I'm grateful for that...

I give thanks that living and going about your business here is usually a pretty jolly experience anyway...for the people who made me smile and chuckle this afternoon.

I give thanks for discovering without the Silk Road's trading routes we could not have rhubarb crumble! I can't have rhubarb crumble because the freezer needs defrosting and I must eat what's left inside it...I give thanks I'm sure I'll still get my just desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics