Tuesday 31 May 2016

Blowing warm and cool

I give thanks for an hour of music to my ears last night - a documentary on the Everly Bros charming harmonies that melted the hearts of a generation before mine and still make me go all dreamy sighed. I give thanks for getting my earplugs in very snugly in afterwards to soften the eternal sounds of an angry woman and a man who doesn't understand or, maybe even more archetypal, of one human blaming another when their great expectations don't come to be.

My weariness amazes me today...someone should write a song about it. Oh well, I give thanks I had no one to meet who might have been disappointed by my limpness...or my stiffness...there are situations when its possible to be both! I could weep with the pain and fatigue and frustration of it so I give thanks that haven't so far, and for a phrase of two in a Nick Hornby book and the QI elves' TV show actually making me laugh instead.

I give thanks for eventually hobbling off down the road to get some of the many things that need to be done done and that, though very windy, it was pleasantly warm in the hazy sun. I give thanks my town is teeming with tourists for the businesses that need their patronage, but it can make non holiday life quite arduous and given the amount of human traffic jams I give thanks for some opportunely placed seats. Also for free tea at Waitrose and a 50p slice of chocolate gateau from the Swiss patisserie - you can't blame them for coming can you?

I give thanks for my new cool bag for keeping things cool in the queues, but that I didn't succumb to the lure of rhubarb and ginger ice cream on offer at the Co-op. That sounds lush for people with cars...though I might have a cunning plan for a late afternoon bus ride later in the week that might be cooler and quicker.

I give thanks though I didn't get to watch any tennis I didn't miss much as, after a complete wash out yesterday there was very little played today. Where's Charles Aznavour when you need him eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics