Friday 13 May 2016

Wet and dry

Well, I thought the sun was going to come out properly today, but as I couldn't I'm rather grateful it did not and the weather was mostly murky with the occasional heavy shower. I give thanks I can blame my aches and pains on doing so much, and my sadness on thinking so much now I've stopped. Someone very kindly asked me how I was feeling and, unusually, really wanted to know, and I was grateful for the encouragement to get my emotions out and look at them but some things don't bear dwelling on too long...some things don't bear bearing too long to be honest...

I give thanks though my energy tank is dry, and the enthusiasm one has had a leak for a long time and won't hold much any more, my empathy one is still fairly full and I aim to be respectful and considerate of other people's feelings. It's so easy when you're hurting to stop caring if you make others hurt too...or, I suppose, when you're not hurting, to forget that others might be..

I give thanks that people who were on the seafront here at the right times would have seen dolphins today...or so I heard...virtually...

I give thanks for hearing the cuckoo calling on the edge of the moor yesterday, with my own ears...and for remembering the desert is bound to seem harsher when you've been at the oasis a while...

I give thanks for the comfort of my bath, my comfortable bed and Fair Trade Earl Grey tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics