Sunday 22 May 2016

Clear uncut

I give thanks for the sky clearing as the sun went down yesterday so there was, if nothing so grand as a sunset, little flecks of gold and pink tinged cloud on deepening blue...and for the swollen lemony moon stealthily climbing behind the trees.

I give thanks for encouraging comments from people who clearly do appreciate my sharing of my thankfulness...that they get some sort of pleasure from peering into my virtual corner now and then and checking I'm still seeking the splendid in my isolation. 

I give thanks for tackling one of those tasks that really do get harder the longer that you don't - defrosting the freezer. Ice ice baby and wet wet wet! Also for finally getting round to listening to my voicemails from Confused from Somerset in case he'd said something that really needed responding to. No, nobody I've dated...but a rather elderly and inarticulate chap who has my phone number and clearly thinks I'm someone I'm not (and yes, sadly, that could be several people I have!) And, before you suggest I phone him and explain I'm not the person he thinks he's talking to, experience has shown this can lead to people assuming I must know the person whose phone number is not mine...or, even more complicated, thinking I AM the person they think I am but am being petulant or playing a game...

I give thanks for the warmth as the showers cleared late this afternoon and enjoying a fantasy someone would call and say 'What a lovely evening! Do you fancy driving out somewhere?' I couldn't take myself out somewhere as I was lugging a bag of bargains up the hill from Waitrose at the time...but I give thanks this wore me out so much I didn't care (much)...

I give thanks for a dream I was moving to a home so perfectly pleasing it made me weep with joy. And for realising the equally vivid one where it dawned on me I'd become extremely chubby without noticing wasn't true...after going to the mirror first thing to check. 

I give thanks for the uncut meadowy verges...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics