Wednesday 4 May 2016

Model behaviour

I read yesterday's horoscope last night in the bath and it said it had been a good day for talking through problems with friends and partners. My first thought was that I'd have a lot less problems if...and then I read it the other way and realised I might well have more... just different ones! I give thanks for recognising there is good and not so good in every situation and yes, increasingly I'm feeling the need for someone to say 'Hey, relax, I got this...' now and then, but you could have people apparently there for you who don't...or you could be someone who is used to having people have your back and then find yourself alone and struggling to cope...so yeah, I give thanks I'm still capable of doing all manner of things unaided or accompanied, I just need to turn up the awesome now and then...

Then I was puzzling over the logistics of getting to today's hospital appointment when it's one of the first warm sunny days of the year, I'm not feeling especially valid and just want to be outside in the fine fresh air...and I thought 'Girl, you think you got problems getting there once a week or so? This is the easy time remember...once you're on dialysis life will be one long journey to places you don't want to go.' I give thanks for knowing you should know what you've got before it's gone...

I give thanks for going back to the Jungle. It's a Lush hair product for girls with curls. On the way to meet a new surgeon I did think maybe I should try and tame my mane and feign normal but I give thanks for deciding actually in the circumstances the Medusa look would do just fine. In fact I was even asked to do a spot of modelling though that was in the interests of medical science rather than for my aesthetic charm!

I give thanks for remembering there was somewhere I could stop on the way home for that sit in the sunshine, tea and cake and taking some photographs of my own...


I see on the news a sex toy has been mistaken for an angel. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36189614  Funnily enough the opposite has been known to happen too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics