Wednesday 29 November 2017

Book at lunchtime

Reading in the daytime always seems a bit of wickedness to me...unless you're on holiday, in hospital or studying of course. At the moment, with the hours of light so short, even more so, so I give special thanks for thinking to record Radio 4's Book at Bedtime to listen to eating lunch or sewing or maybe just wanting to hear a story without using my hands or eyes...

I give thanks for Mr Tesco bringing my groceries only a little late... and only missing one item, which was only Plan A for my tea! They are so busy with pre-Christmas deliveries already and he sent a text to warn me he was behind...so when the phone rang a little while after I thought it was him saying he was downstairs. Imagine my surprise to find it was actually my pre-op assessment as it was the first I'd heard about being actually booked in!

I'd been expecting about 10 days warning and felt I needed that to make sure I was as ready for my right arm out of action as could be. And now I have five days and all I've managed so far is an hour of feeling scared and sorry for myself and another (also unscheduled) moving furniture and changing cables around to see if there's any way I can restore a good enough connection between my router and TV box to watch catch up TV actually on my TV again (short answer - no!)

Oh well.. I give thanks this was a warm thing to be doing on a cold night, and meant corners got cleaned that don't usually see the light of day even in the summer. I give thanks I can still watch catch up on my tablet and for the reminder to be more aware of what's on and record the few things that interest me beforehand so I don't need to. I give thanks I'm sure when I get hungry enough I'll come up with an idea for tea...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics