Friday 24 November 2017

Slack Friday

I give thanks I'm familiar enough with my body's reaction to exertion now to know today would be Slack Friday, and for scheduling and planning nothing but rest. I give thanks I've been still capable of looking after myself - fetching cups of tea and hot water bottles as required, and bodging together some food though, just between you and me, if I'd had someone else to perform these tasks I'd have let them without demur. I give a lot of thanks for my kettle!

I give thanks for bright blueness of the sea and sky, and the sunshine dazzling my eyes so much eventually I had to get up!

I give thanks for being offered a Black Friday deal I couldn't refuse - buy one, get one free on Actipatches. I need a body suit of them today, and with the best will in the world I can't shop local, let alone locally made, for these. I give thanks my laptop has been in a better frame of mind today...


Though there's still no word when my operation will be, I give thanks for hearing the chap in the bottom floor flat arrive back so I knew it was worth going downstairs to double check as I'd a note saying he'd taken in a parcel for me. I give thanks for some amazingly good quality fabric found in an online non-Black Friday sale at only £5 a metre and earmarked for a sofa makeover (throw and cushion covers) when I've finished my pre-Christmas sewing jobs. My nest building urges having been somewhat thwarted by not selling the flat yet, this is a budget way of brightening the place up, either for myself or a buyer. Obviously I didn't know quite what a bargain the material was, nor quite how much I'd like it until it had been unwrapped, so I'm very grateful my hopes were somewhat exceeded... Meanwhile I give thanks for lounging quite happily on the old ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics