Sunday 19 November 2017

Later, much later...

I give thanks for no viewings booked for next week. Yes, I want to move, but also to avoid the movements of vacuuming and scrubbing for a little while. The place is messier than I prefer it though so this morning, while the kettle boiled for my morning tea, I decided to use my freshly unbandaged and fairly cooperative hands to do a little storage space rationalisation in the kitchen. I give thanks in the process I discovered some ancient fudge and mini Easter eggs, which of course I sampled straight away to check if they needed chucking. I give thanks they'll last a little longer yet...

I give thanks for wearing my last year's new boots for the first time as, though they seem virtually flat soled, my inflamed discs twelve months ago perceived them as 'high heeled' and too painful to wear. I give thanks for they seem to fit and be comfy now as it's way too late to return them...

I give thanks for meeting Mima, and later Liz and William, for refreshments outside a cafe with some jazz festival fringe free event inside, but though it was mild they kept the door shut so only the proper diners could properly hear. I give thanks I had a brief sense of what it must be like to be a bird of prey's dinner when a gull swooped in fast and low over my head to take the cake. Like being in a Boeing flight path it was!

I give thanks for a lift home via the Co op, where I found some nice bread and incapacitated my hands so badly cutting some of it while making a meal I had to have a huge snooze in front of the TV afterwards! That's one good thing about pain - it can lead to less attempting to achieve anything other than getting rest.

Oh, and I give thanks for realising the unattractive mammoth jar of pills I have to have in a conspicuous place to remember to take them fits perfectly inside the largest mug I have, which I love but tend not to use as it's hard to lift it with hot liquid in. This pleases me on so many levels, except for the one where I wonder if it should please me so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics