Saturday 25 November 2017

Robostop

Despite a mostly flat Friday, I'd have been quite happy to have a slack Saturday too but there were things I wanted to achieve that required being up and about for parts of it at least. I give thanks for giving these my best shot and for lots of lying down and doing nothing before, after and in between...

The weather being somewhat wintry, I give thanks for digging out my warmest jumper, coat and boots, and for struggling into them - it also being one of those days when attempts to clothe myself are tragi-comic and exhausting. I give thanks that someone has rendered the nearby recycling bins unusable by leaning a load of dumped plasterboard and so on against them...as this meant I had to go further afield and got a chance for this picture I've been wanting to take for months but the conditions have not been right!


I give thanks for timing my time in town to see Titan the robot - briefly! It had to be briefly as, though it was meant to be an amusing show, I found it terrifying at some deep level unreachable by logic...and as no one else watching seemed to feel the same, I give thanks the lady in the health food shop had been similarly effected when it was wheeled past her door.

Best of all though, I give thanks for being in the happy crowds enjoying the atmosphere at the Christmas lights switch on later which included a procession lit with wonderful handmade lanterns and the opportunity to sing a selection of seasonal songs with some ladies in matching tinsel headgear I didn't know, some folk without I did, and a chap I only know from TV but who comes from here so sort of counts as a friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics