Wednesday 11 July 2012

Magically transformed

Well I'm feeling a bit better for fasting and resting. I've even got dressed in a slippy sloppy duvet day sort of way and been down to check the post. I can't think of ever being so pole axed before without an obvious cause. It's on a par with flu, chemo and acute renal failure...but a lot of the time I haven't actually felt particularly ill (for which I'm extremely grateful) just non functioning. My money's still on the meds...

Anyway, I give thanks for the peacefulness to recover, for the weather not being reliably good so I don't feel I'm missing out on anything, though its changes have been entertaining me. I'd been planning to spring into all sorts of action when the tennis finished so I'm grateful that none of it was urgently required. Even thinking about knitting, sewing and crochet seems far too energetic, let alone anything you don't sit down for! I'm grateful for the book mentioned yesterday. It's a novel by Paul Theroux (Louis' dad) and wasn't at all what I thought it was when I started. I've mostly read his travel books before starting with the Great Railway Bazaar when I was a young girl...this is about a magician but about other things too including eating good food. And even though I've had no appetite I've thought I might find one if someone provided some plain and simple home cooked things...so when I get off my butt maybe I'll do myself the favour. In the meantime great thanks for a plain oatcake! Also for, black rooibosch tea which is forever now associated in my mind with Mercy who nursed me so wonderfully on the ITU and whose 'therapy' included tracking down my bags and the tea bags within so I could move on from sips of water...

I give thanks for the kind of daytime TV that makes you grateful you're not one of the people on it - even those spending loads of dosh! And for ebay...and all the great people supplying the little things I want or need that don't cost much. A new charger lead for my Streak today...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics