Monday 30 July 2012

Batteries not included

Today I'm giving thanks for peach and lilac clouds at sundown yesterday. Isn't it strange how we can appreciate colour combinations in nature that we wouldn't want in our wardrobes or home decor?

For red lentils...I love those pulses to pieces! I buy organic ones that come from Turkey and a bag makes bags of dinners. I'm sure many people would prefer the turkey but not me! 

I wanted to go for a bit of a walk first thing but my body needed rehab after sessions up the step ladder with a filler knife and said no, no no! So I give thanks for not listening to it and hobbling off up the sea wall a little way and for getting wet in a heavy rain shower and then warm and dry again in the sunshine. Love that! Felt too tired to do anything when I got back but watch extremely fit people do totally amazing things with their bodies ...but hey, I don't have a problem with that...in fact I'm grateful for that too! What could be nicer than to take it easy when you're tired? And though it might seem to the untrained eye as if I didn't go so very far to get tired...well, it's the furthest I've gone since my operation so I'm not complaining. As for those fit people...It's just such a shame it has to be a competition...that they can't just all have a big round of applause and go home. Don't suppose they'd bother if that were the case though would they?

Oh, and I give thanks for finding a mouse. Not a rodent but the pc variety. I'd forgotten I'd bought a plain old plug in USB mouse a while back after regretting forgetting to take the batteries out of the wireless one. I'm click happy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics