Tuesday 31 July 2012

Designs of the times

I've not seen all the sculptures on the trail this year but I'm thinking of stealing this one...isn't it wonderful? I give thanks for every single bit so that's my quota for the day...or maybe the year, ha ha!



















Actually, I do give thanks for some other things today...For not getting the usual text re a more precise delivery time that you usually get for a Tesco order. This meant I could abandon filling and sanding and mucky work clothes and sit clean and waiting, playing with a crochet hook! I give thanks that after some yarn I ordered on the internet was nice, but not for the job intended I found a ball of something else bought also on the internet for another job and not quite right for that...would actually do very nicely for this project. Even more thanks for finding that it had been discontinued...BUT there were a few balls for sale on ebay! I looked for a flower pattern to try with it but couldn't find anything that was just what I wanted so, as I was itching to get on with actually crocheting I made one up. Couple of goes...getting there and great fun in the way. Also, as it's a multicoloured space dyed yarn I've been experimenting with where in the colours to start for a pleasing random effect rather than absolute chaos. A lovely way to spend an hour or two...

2 comments:

  1. Love the sculpture,glad that you found yarn and enthusiasm to design your own flower, I can imagine that that is great, not that I am a needle worker, by any stretch of the imagination......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabi, magical sculpture, love it. I will have to start a 'project' I think, with lots of post-op recovery in my future. I'm thinking of a quilting project. Hope you are feeling stronger every day. Juanita x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics