Monday 9 July 2012

Smart move

I give thanks for a gap in the cloud that seems to have been wandering the country the last few days. We had it here yesterday and I saw from the TV that it hovered over Silverstone and Wimbledon now and then, and from virtual friends that it's been seen elsewhere... I give thanks for all the weekends it enhanced.... but also for the sporting sight of umbrellas bobbing up and down in salute when outdoor spectators realise their image is on screens around the world...and the thundering sound of heavy rain on the Centre Court roof! I give great thanks for Andy Murray sharing his emotions so movingly after the match. I've often thought he doesn't come across well in interviews but after his match defeat, he was so gracious and charming.

I give thanks for being able to be useful by doing some mending on the sewing machine for Clive, and to him for undertaking various tasks about the place including frying the fatted pig for for our lunch...two chunky sausage sarnies were enough of a meal to last me most of the day. Perhaps I should consider becoming a full time carnivore to save on cooking? Nah, once in a blue moon suits me best and the piggies I'm sure!

I'm still struggling with what I think must be side effects from the new medication as they start a few hours after taking it last thing at night.  As I usually feel pretty groggy in the mornings anyway it seems best to deal with it all at once and I usually perk up by the late afternoon. I suppose I could start taking them in the morning to see if I feel worse later but I'd rather not and I'm hoping the problems will wear off in a few days anyway...meanwhile I'm grateful that my body is aware of chemical changes and alerting me. I think I get a gold star for gratitude for coming up with that one, ha ha! I also give thanks that no one's relying on me to do anything but look after myself...

Plan A when I don't feel well is to stay in bed and wait for someone to come and pat me...so I'm grateful for plan B which is to get stuck into something physical and see if I can work through it! I've done a bit of sanding where I've filled around the newly exposed bit of skirting board and wall underneath the bedroom window. I dug out two wall plugs where the heater was that hid this area and vacuumed up the debris...and I think that might be it for the day though as I'm now flattened on the sofa without the energy to lift my laptop. I give thanks for smart phones, definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics