Friday 6 July 2012

Is everything as it seems?

I give thanks today that I live alone and can grunt and groan at my aches and pains as much as I like without anyone feeling either I'm being annoying or that they ought to offer to help with the chores. Obviously, if someone was here and wanted to help that would be wonderful but this is supposed to be a record of what I'm thankful for not what I wish I had!

I give thanks for those presumably unconscious puns that slip into the head of the reader... For instance I just saw that Arthur Engel who runs Bjorn Borg's underwear company has a list of corporate values... number one is 'we have to be transparent in everything we do...' and a recent article on regarding water companies had a light sprinkling (that was me and intentional) including concern 'going off the boil' between drought and flood crises and that the government had 'washed its hands' of tackling vested interests.

Also I give thanks for the unexpected shafts of inspirational light that sometimes come your way. I was leafing through the Exeter Express and Echo while drinking my tea and the Force centre yesterday (Mmmm...pause to savour the delight in someone making me a cup of tea!)...when I found a column that mentioned a quote that I've since looked up the author of...but never mind about that just now... it was 'We are not human beings having a spiritual experience we are spiritual beings having a human experience'. I LOVE this and I don't care tuppence that both my religious friends and my 'realist' ones will be shaking their heads at the error of my ways. I have a Cheshire cat smile of my own every time I think of it...

I'm grateful to Debbie from Cancer Research for being grateful to me for the bladder cancer material reviewing.

That this paint, which looked and sounded like dark creamy colour in the brochure/on the tin, did not still match the match box when it was stirred!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabi,
    I love that quote too, and it is so true.
    I wish that I could be around to get annoyed by your grunts and groans, and to make you a cup of tea.
    Sorry about 'not doing as it said on the tin'....that is so irritating.
    Take care, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you Carol...I'm sure your need for nurturing is far greater than mine. I'm just a bit of a wimp sometimes! These human bodies are so feeble...my spiritual being can do so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics