Saturday 7 July 2012

Good heavens!

Fond as I am of Jo-Wilfred I give thanks that Andy won his semi as it seemed to me he needed to more...and it would please all our patriotic sports fans too. He is not expected to win the final with Roger, on his own emotional mission and on such form, so what a great position for him to face the match in knowing that if he loses people will be still be pleased and proud of him! Being a British tennis player is often a pretty thankless role I think as you become the target of all that pent up national negativity. I'm also grateful that the match didn't start til 4...on behalf of a certain Miss Edwards who couldn't leave work til half past 3...and that as we hadn't communicated for so long, tournament chat was an easy opener!

I give thanks for being someone who enjoys the sound of rain and wind. I only recently realised that some people don't. It's hard to imagine liking something you don't take pleasure from and vice versa isn't it? One of the more innocent reasons we ostracise or turn upon the 'other'. Which reminds me (I wonder why?) of the excellent Strictly Kosher documentaries I caught up with the other day...much thanks for the way they transferred a sense of community and belonging and love. Which also reminds me of a fascinating list I came across, of differing beliefs regarding heaven and hell. It was quite a long list...but just covering sects and churches within Christianity! I give thanks for the eye opener but I did find it rather sad since I'm pretty sure they don't all get together and exchange views and say 'How fascinating!'... Spiritual beings having a human experience, eh? Gotta love them for trying...'heaven' knows it's hard!

I give thanks to Laura for painting my bedroom door. It is a VERY dark cream, you'll not be surprised to hear knowing how much blue there was in the tin. A creamy toffee/coffee colour actually...very pleasant actually even if not plan A! I give thanks again to Mark the stoma for being so reassuring and encouraging and making me feel like we are on a voyage of discovery together (rather than I keep falling overboard) as while Laura was shut in the bedroom with a paintbrush I had a sudden need for clean clothes. I'm grateful there was laundry on the rack in the kitchen as though it was damper than I would have preferred it was dryer than what I'd taken off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics