Friday 13 July 2012

Hair raising

Wow! I give thanks for meeting someone else who can find good things to say about the weather, can remember the sunny periods and think of the bright sides of many showers/storms in between them...who also says 'Well to be fair we had a great winter...' It was the taxi driver who brought me home yesterday. We were both totally astonished! For me the constant rain between appointments was ideal as I really needed to spend a l-o-n-g time in Specsavers choosing frames. It's so hard to find ones I think suit me but I THINK I've found a couple of styles I like for distance and distant sunlight. On spesh with an NHS voucher and my Simply Health cashback I'll have change from a tenner for the two! I give great thanks for all of the above!

I also give thanks for great acupuncture that set me up for cooking a big pan of restorative red lentil stew packed full of fresh picked (at the greengrocer's!) goodies. That book I've just read really reminded my how much rubbish I eat and how much I enjoy simple wholesome food. If I could afford a 'member of staff' I'd have a chef! Of course some people marry sometime willing to cook for them and trade favours....might be up for that, haha!

Gratitude for discovering the existence of baby doll sheep. Look them up...they're like teddy bears with hooves. I'm immune to the charms of many miniature animals but these were bred not to be delightful to the eye but to feed a family with no wastage. Personally I think eating lamb is close to eating kitten, and I haven't a lawn for a couple to graze so I reckon they'll have to go on the silly list along with a chef or a husband...

Gratitude too for a good night's sleep, for waking early enough for the things that had to be done...the trick now being to stay awake for things I'd like to do!

Dot, dot, dot...I did! I went out for NO good reason...woohoo! Well, there were reasons but none of them medical or in any form health related, or urgent in any other way. I went to get some things from some shops and I got the things and am grateful for being able to do so on many, many levels. But the best thing of all, was a thing that was free...feeling the wind blowing my hair about. Absolutely blooming priceless! Good job too really, as now I'm home I don't actually have the energy to unpack my bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics