Wednesday 18 July 2012

I could do better than that!

You know I've been thinking and I've decided it's carrying the good weather round that makes me so tired! I'm in an advance state of creaky today and give humungous thanks that, although I have stuff to do of course none of it's pressing except the ironing...and that's a joke before someone tells me I don't have to!

I shared some of the sights that pleased me yesterday but the enduring memory of a feeling that lingers is the wind in my hair on the boat. Anyone who tries to keep their hair tidy will think this is mad...actually, probably anyone who hasn't been unintentionally bald for over a year. So you'll have to just smile indulgently and accept...to me it feels fab!

I'm grateful for discovering that something I thought was partly someone else's mistake, was really totally mine. For discovering this before I said anything to put them/me on the spot. I don't mind being wrong...but I don't like telling other people they are when they're not. It's so easy to get all self righteous and smug (bad enough!) but then you have further to fall to pillock level after, don't you?


I give thanks for strawberries and Elmlea for afternoon tea...and for finishing the first chair pad and a bibbity bobbity fringe for the scarf I made earlier, inspired by (though not exactly following) some of the patterns in my new books. Yes, in the image the seat cushion does look a bit as if someone had an accident...but it was an experiment on the otherwise plain reverse of the print side and in real life looks much better. Obviously the scarf would go nicely with a bibbity bobbity hat...readers of a certain age and musical disposition will understand perfectly, I'm sure! Even the title of the post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics