Saturday 21 July 2012

Putting my feet up

That's what I did a lot of the first part of yesterday. Oh well, it's better than turning up your toes! And I'd been pottering about quite a bit on mine on Thursday. I couldn't get my fingers mobile enough to work on finishing my cardigan and kept dropping stitches...needles...hooks. So I began doing some research for the yarn for my next knitting project (sometimes the yarn comes first, sometimes the design...or even sometimes the 'yearn' as I just typed!) and caught up with some recorded TV until I felt ready to do a sewing job - partly dismantling one of a pair of damask pillow shams I bought in a charity shop to make a cover for my sleeping bag bag. The firm cylindrical shape makes a great leg rest but the black nylon's not really in keeping with my living room decor. I give great thanks for having so many ideas and sometimes being able to put them into practice without too much hassle. 

I'd thought various people were coming over to do various jobs the last couple of days but I actually quite content with them cancelling as sometimes I get very comfy inside my own head after acupuncture. I can think of the money I've saved...and if I get fed up with that there's all their work to get on with!

I give thanks for a sunny morning...getting a cab down to the library and getting various odds and ends done very amiably, including buying a bit of a picnic from the produce market and nibbling it on the seafront before getting another back home. The tide was low and hazy flat. One of those days when the pier looks like it's paddling, and all manner of water craft are scattered between sand and horizon from body boards to tankers. My favourite was a day cruiser with a brown dog standing centred and stable on the prow deck, nose pointing straight ahead.

I'm grateful for being able to go out and about and for being home for the rest of the weekend now. Time to put my feet up again and get some more training in for the snooze olympics.

2 comments:

  1. loved the picnic ,sea ,hazy day, i can see it all in my head from my 10 mins from heathrow garden ! but then i give thanks for the perfume in the garden ,lavender ,nemesias ,honey suckle and roses ,but "i do love to be beside the seaside" !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, your garden sounds lovely Ann. I shall have to come and sit in it next time I'm waiting for a plane, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics