Tuesday 17 July 2012

Final destination

Well, today I thought I'd take myself out somewhere for lunch to try to lift my spirits... a change of scene, a change of headland... The motivation was there but not the mobilisation, if you catch my drift and though the taxi, the train, the bus and the boat were fine, the waiting and walking in between exhausting. The bus didn't stop where I thought it did, nor the boat set off where it used to and by the time I got to my final destination, I practically needed air sea rescue to bring me home! Never mind, I give thanks I tried and, as I'd been hankering after a recuperative break somewherel I'm grateful (I guess) to realise I'm really not well enough. Not completely delighted though, you understand...but I've been thinking maybe another time I could go somewhere for a trip out if there was just one vehicle involved...or two that were closely connected. Or take a trolley with a picnic down to beach here and pretend I'm on holiday. When I've recovered from this appetite attempt...which may take some time...

Anyway there were some things I saw that made me smile...

All the tourists enjoying the sunshine, everywhere bustling and busy. (I prefer quiet and empty myself but the economy needs the bustle and the tourists need the sun!)...Lots of couples holding hands, some young but many older...Swifts swooping round the bus top...

And my favourites of the day...

A dog with tail up and nose down on the scent of the shopping bag being carried by someone just in front and a chubby boy chasing empty crisp packet down the beach...

1 comment:

  1. Angel,
    Very exhausting day for you my cyber friend, but the description of things that made you smile, evoke such mental images, they induced me to smile as well. Went to my granddaughters school play today, The Wizard of OZ, I thought it the best I had seen at her school so well worth the trip. Talking about trips, she is off to Spain flying from Exeter, so yours truly will be in your area twice! One of which might just be convenient for you, will confer. Take care Angel love and gentle thoughts Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics