Monday 2 July 2012

Catatonic

I give thanks for...

Cherries

Cherry coloured cat with rose coloured paws

Sea roar

White gulls against a dark grey sky

BBC programme about 'super smart' animals. Don't let the title put you off...I caught the end of it while channel hopping and was so impressed I went back for more...

That a Professor Lean is designing nutritional pizzas...

Julian Clary writing in his autobiography of a somnolent pet cat who 'died of kidney failure eventually, probably brought on by lack of use'. Descending into a zombie phase again I can relate to that! There'll be more on Mr Clary later...

I'm also grateful I've finished my reviewing for Cancer Research. I found it harder than I thought I would. They suggested that people who had early cancer might not like to read about the advanced sort for instance but for me it was reading about the initial stages - diagnosis and early treatment - that caused some post traumatic stress. Most of you reading this didn't know me then but I went through some horrendous things, mostly due to insensitive or inattentive staff and there were a few times when it seemed as if fighting the cancer was the least of my worries! I have been careful not to bring my unique and potentially terrifying baggage into the review but some of it had to be unpacked anyway if you know what I mean...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics