Tuesday 3 July 2012

Mixed media

Well, I went to sleep with one pain and woke with another so my first gratitude of the day was for variety! It's always good to try an alternative perspective... I also give thanks that when I've had a bad night I can sleep late and slow start the day...

When I'm having my morning cuppa I check to see if I've had any messages since I went to bed (pretty much never!) and then I look at the BBC website for inspiration. Not in the news section of course...that would be silly...but in the 'magazines' and pictures and random reports. There's usually something to amaze and delight. How about this for example? A ship that flips...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18684075

I give thanks that Carol may be what they are looking for in the TV programme I mentioned before. Well, in some ways not as it's about dying of course, but I think she might enjoy a bit more of a chance to have her say. I like the premise of the programme anyway to break the last taboo. I also like the fact that they are considering including someone not 'normal'. I mean this as a great compliment to you Carol, as I'm sure (I hope) you realise! Now as she was writing her latest blog post she had a call from the woman she had been dealing with (the lovely Nas I wonder?) and while I was writing this paragraph I've had an email from someone at Positive News asking if I'd like to write a piece... You remember I approached them some weeks ago saying I can't prove I have any journalistic skills but look...I can write positive news: look at my blog. So the piece is to be about the experience of keeping a gratitude diary and how it has affected me and others. You have anything you think I ought to say? I'll come and interview you if you like and you can give me your opinions, ha ha! Carol and I will be sending out signed photos soon I'm sure!

I'm grateful that I've finished my Green and Black's butterscotch bar as it's been pestering me mercilessly since it arrived yesterday...

...that it looks as if there will be mainly only play on Centre today as it makes it easier to watch matches if they are on one by one!

...and that I've finally written to Julian. I'll attach a copy so you understand... Coincidently, whilst tidying up this morning I came across a poem I had printed in the 'young' Observer at just that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics